Two Killed, 35 Injured in Israeli Strikes on Yemen, Houthis Say

Israel strikes Yemen

Sanaa’a, Yemen (dpa) — Two people were killed and 35 injured in Israeli airstrikes on Yemen’s capital Sana’a on Sunday, the Houthi-run Health Ministry said.

Civil defense and rescue teams are searching for victims and working to extinguish fires caused by “the Zionist aggression,” the ministry added. It condemned the attacks, which it said targeted “civilian and service facilities.”

The Houthi-run al-Masirah television channel said earlier that Israeli strikes targeted vital sites, including a fuel station and a power station in Sana’a.

Eyewitnesses reported strong explosions, and black smoke was seen rising in the capital.

A civil war has been raging in Yemen for 10 years, effectively dividing the country. The Iran-allied Houthis control large areas in the north, including Sana’a, while the internationally recognized government controls the south.

The Houthis have intermittently attacked Israel since the start of the Gaza war in support of Palestinian Hamas, another Iran-funded militant group.

The Israeli strikes come after the Houthis said on Friday that they had launched another attack on Israel’s international airport near Tel Aviv.

©2025 dpa GmbH. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

online news world news headline news
APS Radio News